Learn how we can help you with your MBA journey
We are pleased to offer you a confidential assessment of your credentials and eligibility before you begin your application for the Lazaridis MBA. If you require additional counselling or direction, or simply have general questions about the Lazaridis MBA degree and which format is right for you, we are happy to help you determine your next steps.
Our personal “one-on-one appointments” are approximately 30 minutes long, may be completed in person or by phone and are offered at both our Waterloo and Toronto campus locations.
At the information session you will learn about all of our MBA formats: the Full-time options, including Co-op, the MBA with CPA and the new double degree, MBA with Master of Finance. We will discuss the admission criteria, the application process, GMAT support and help you determine your eligibility.
- Request a Brochure
To help with your research and to answer your questions about the various different degree formats, course schedules, required courses, electives and specializations you are invited to request a copy of our Lazaridis MBA brochure.
Begin your Application
Applying for admission to the Lazaridis MBA degree program in the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies requires the completion of the two-part, online application process. Please read the below information to assist you with your initial application steps.
- Create an online account
- Begin your online application by selecting your MBA degree of choice, entering your information, and the contact information for your three selected referees.
- Provide payment of the required application fee.
- Submit part-one of your online application and save a copy of the .PDF submission summary form on your computer to later upload to the Laurier graduate application Online Viewing Site.
- When your application data has been processed by Laurier, you will receive an e-mail from email@example.com (Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies) directing you to Laurier’s graduate application site to access part-two of your application.
NOTE: Processing your application may take up to five business days from the time you submit your application and pay your application fee.
- Within the Online Viewing site, you will upload all of your required supplementary material, including unofficial transcripts as a .PDF file.
We encourage all applicants to review our step-by-step “How to Apply” instructions below, and the Graduate Admissions Toolkit for additional application support.
Note that required supplementary materials and application deadlines vary depending on the Lazaridis MBA Degree program to which you are applying. If you have any questions or require additional information, contact Maureen Ferraro (Toronto MBA programs) or Holly Paterson (Waterloo MBA programs).
How to Apply
Once you have submitted part-one of your online application with your application fee, and Laurier has received notification of your application, you will receive an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org advising you to upload the additional required documentation to Laurier’s Online Viewing System, part-two of the application process.
NOTE: All supplementary documents, including transcripts and test scores, must be uploaded in .PDF format.
To complete the Lazaridis MBA online application process, you must provide the following information:
- Application Summary
This is the printed .PDF Application Submission Summary received upon completion of part-one of your online application.
- Personal Information/Statement of Intent Form
A completed Personal Information/Statement of Intent form.
- Resumé of your Academic and Work Experience
Your resumé should account for all periods of time. Indicate if employment is full or part-time, and/or if it was a co-op work term completed within your undergraduate degree, and whether it is managerial.
- Official Transcripts and Degree Certificates
Digital copies of all transcripts and graduation certificates (where applicable) for every post-secondary educational institution you have attended will be required, including those at which a degree or diploma was not completed (more information on transcripts). Applicants may apply with unofficial or official transcripts, yet will be asked to present official transcripts upon receipt of an offer of admission. Applicants presenting international credentials must provide literal translations, and may be asked to submit an official credential assessment.
- Accurate Reference Information
Applicants to the Full-time MBA with Co-op are required to submit three academic references (OR two academic and one professional reference). Applicants with two years of full-time work experience or more, applying to the one year Full-time MBA or one of the Part-time MBA Degree programs, are required to submit three professional references, OR, if any education has been completed within the last three years, one academic reference is required along with two professional references.
• Reference information will be collected electronically. Applicants must provide the contact information of each referee within part one of their online application. The three referees will then receive email instructions on submitting the specific reference forms electronically after part one of your application has been submitted and fees have been processed. Reminder notifications are sent to the applicant, not the referee.
- Evidence of Quantitative Skills
Normally this is demonstrated by a minimum score of 550 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). The GMAT requirement may be waived with evidence of quantitative skills normally shown by successful completion of a current Canadian university degree eligible course, completed within the last five years or within a degree conferred in the last five years, in calculus or statistics with a grade of B+ (77%) or better (only considered if all other admission requirements are met or exceeded). GMAT is recommended to strengthen an application.
- Mandatory completion of the GMAT is required for: All applicants to the Full-time MBA with Co-op program are required to complete the GMAT with a minimum score of 600. All applicants that have completed their education outside of Canada are required to complete the GMAT. All applicants to the Double Degree MBA/MFin are required to complete the GMAT with a minimum score of 620.
*A GRE score is acceptable in lieu of a GMAT score. A GRE score must convert to the minimum GMAT score required for the degree program you are applying to.
Additional requirements for International Applicants:
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for the August 2020 intake will open in October 2019.
- English-Language Test Results
English Language Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential to graduate studies at Laurier. Applicants whose language of instruction during their previous post-secondary education was NOT in English must submit evidence of proficiency in English. Visit our International Applicants page for English-proficiency requirements and acceptable tests. If applicable, test results must be uploaded to Laurier’s Online Viewing System.
- Permanent Resident
Evidence of your status in Canada is required. Applicants must provide a photocopy of their signed Record of Landing, or photocopies of both sides of their Permanent Resident card.
- English-Language Test Results
Offer of Admission Follow-up:
- Upon receipt of an offer of admission, applicants are required to submit the Tuition Deposit Form.
For additional application details and assistance, please review the Graduate Admissions Toolkit.
If you have any questions about your eligibility or the application process, please contact the MBA program office.